Bright Horizons Counseling Services, LLC
Education Support Services
Bright Horizons offers Education Support Services available to help our clients manage the challenges of:
• Navigating the special education process,
• Communicating with schools to optimize interventions and accommodations for their child’s needs,
• Understanding test data and how to use the information to help their child,
• Evaluating school placement options,
• Communicating their child’s needs during school meetings and conferences,
• Coordinating between outside service providers and the school,
• Modifying ineffective interventions or accommodations,
• Maintaining continuity when transitioning between schools and school systems, and
• Identifying and implementing the courses of action likely to best address your child’s unique needs.
Kristin Miller is the Bright Horizons Education Support Services Coordinator. She is a career educator with experience identifying learning issues and monitoring students’ responses to intervention. She has worked with all ages from early childhood through high school. In addition to advocating for students within the education system, Kristin has navigated the process as a parent and understands how difficult it can be. Her goal is to help facilitate a collaborative approach to your child’s education and remove obstacles to progress. As a part of the Bright Horizons team, Kristin and our clinical providers work together to maintain continuity and when possible, ensure educational interventions are complementary to therapy goals.
Insurance does not cover education support services. Fees are direct/flat/self-pay rates and due at the time of service. Fees for this service are as follows.
$200 Initial Interview and Review
This is a 3-step process.
1. An initial appointment to discuss your child’s background, your concerns and goals for your child, and your goals for hiring an advocate
2. A detailed review of the documentation you provide – including school records, medical records, notes from outside service providers, and all testing and evaluation data
3. A follow-up appointment to review the information you provided and to formulate the next steps based on your concerns and goals
$50 Follow-up appointments
$25 Additional Services (per half-hour increments) – written correspondence & document preparation, communicating with school personnel, EFMP coordinators, or outside service providers
$50 Review of assessment reports (for established clients)
$150 School visit (includes preparation and travel time)*
*Payment must be received the business day before the day of school visit.
For any questions or to make an appointment, please call the office at (540) 602-7615.
Before the initial appointment, please complete the Education Support Services information sheet and bring it and as many of the listed documents as possible with you.